Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just Leap

I am sure most of you have heard the following passage:

The jump is so frightening between where I am  
and where I want 
To be…
Because of all I may become
I will close my eyes and leap!
- Mary Anne Radmacher


Yup, that’s about how I felt a couple of weeks ago. See, I was asked to give my first “formal” speech. Not that I didn’t want to speak? Speaking in front of a group is something I have been working on for the past several years. It was just, now this was reality. I was really going to speak in front of a group of people, OMG. And they asked me! 

I had no idea of what to do next? And my mind filled with a million doubts (no surprise). What if they didn’t like me? What if my speech sucks? What if I forget what I am talking about? What if they don’t like my outfit? The list was endless. 

So I did what anyone else would do. I reached out to my peeps. The people that I go to when I need reinforcement, guidance, motivation, inspiration, you name it! And to no surprise of my own, every one of them said the same thing… “You can do it Patti” “This is what you have been working for Patti” “You were born for this Patti” The more I thought about it, the more I knew they were right. 

When the night of the speech came, I knew I was ready. Dressed in my “power outfit” (a new black dress with my Michael Kors sandals), I walked out of the house confident and ready to go. 

As I was being introduced that night I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. Here it was, the moment I was waiting for, nervous and excited all in one. Don’t ask me what I spoke about, I don’t remember. Well, I remember the main points, but that’s not the point, the point was that I did it, and I did it well (at least I think I did it well). I got a very positive reaction from the group. I was proud of myself for doing it and making the people I gave the speech to happy as well. 

Did I come out of my comfort zone? Yes. Did I take a giant leap of faith? Yes. Did it pay off? More than I can say! Sometimes loves, you just have to do the thing that makes you so uncomfortable, to take that leap. The thing that makes you sweat, that makes you squirm in your seat, has you thinking “no way I can do that”. And yet, that is the “thing” you need to do. If for no other reason, just to prove to yourself you can do it. Because once you do, I promise you, you will be so freaking happy with yourself. Amazed and proud that you did it. 

We are all capable of doing so much more than we think? We all need to start take chances, be brave and take GIANT LEAPS!Because you never know what can happen next!!!
  
Dream Big …

Patti
www.ninefrogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment