Monday, January 21, 2013

You never get a second chance to make a first impression

You’ve heard that expression before.  But I don’t think many people think about it very much these days.  Looking your best and dressing sharply will make all the difference in the world as to how the world looks at you and how you are treated.


If you dress like you are running errands on a Saturday morning, only you are actually going to your office for work, what message do you think that sends out to the world?  It’s a message that says, I don’t really care.  And no one really wants to send that kind of message.  


My friends always kid me about the way I dress.  I tend to “over dress”.  True.  Even when I am running errands on a Saturday morning, I dress for success, always.  I want to make sure I give a great first impression to whoever I run into.  And I want to make sure I always look my best.  I would much rather be overdressed, than under dressed.  The overdressed person gets noticed in a good way.  And isn’t that what everyone wants?  To look good AND feel good?


Sure, I have people who will kid me about the way I dress, or that I am “over” dressed for certain occasions.  But I just smile because I know I look and feel my best.  And at the end of the day, that’s what is important!


So remember kids, Dress for Success and see how the worlds treats YOU!


Thanks & see you again next time…Patti B.


No comments:

Post a Comment