Friday, November 8, 2013

You Are More Powerful Than You Think!


Stop giving away your power so you can be the PowerHouse you are meant to be!

I don’t know how many of you can relate, I’m guessing many (although I know, no one wants to admit it).  You know, we are the ones who hate conflict, don’t want to make waves, the “nice” ones.

God forbid we should make anyone unhappy (even if it means we sacrifice our own happiness), we don’t want to “rock the boat” as the saying goes.

Just “go with the flow” is what the people around us will tell us, and we listen, because that’s how we have spent our lives, being the good ones, the nice ones.

Then we wonder why do we feel like victims? Why do we go along? Agree? Not say anything? Not argue?

We know the answer, because we might cause a fight, a disagreement.  Feelings might be hurt (and we hate that). People might not like us.  Or worse, we might have to go head to head with someone and speak up for ourselves.

Maybe today is the day to change all that.

Read some of the lyrics to Katy Perry’s new song Roar and see if you can relate?

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything 

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now 

So if you are like me and you have had enough, maybe today is the day YOU start regaining your power.

As with anything, the first step is always the hardest.

NineFrogs…Where Style meets Motivation and = Success!

Patti Bokowski
www.NineFrogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment